CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday wan introduced to me by Jessica over at Reading is Sexy. It is a feature for bloggers to swoon over upcoming releases they can't wait to get their hands on.



My Pick:


Not my Daughter by Barbara Delinsky.
From Amazon: Three high school seniors make a pregnancy pact. Heightening the stakes, these aren't just any seniors--these are three popular, college-bound girls from good families. Set in an insular, tightly knit community in Maine, Not My Daughter explores the consequences of pact behavior on a small town, as well as the strain placed on mothers and daughters who find themselves in unfamiliar terrain. One of the Pregnant teens is the daughter of the high school principal-- a former teen mother herself-- and the local school board is quick to assign blame. When the national media gets wind of the story, the principal's job is put in jeopardy, as is her standing in the community. Not My Daughter is a timely exploration of teen motherhood and the hard choices that sometimes have to be made in life.
My take: This should be a good book that deals with an issue that is happening a lot now. I like books where the author doesn't sugar coat teens and their issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment