Monday, October 19, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
I am doing a Fall Book Challenge!!!!
5 Point Tasks
1. IHO Breast Cancer Awareness month read a book with a pink cover or tile or about a victim's story. Audrey Wait
2. IHO Friday the 13th(Nov. 13th) read the 13th book on your TBR shelf. If you do not have a goodreads shelf then either read the 13th book on your physical shelf or if that isn't possible pull a title out of 13 pieces of paper. Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2
3.IHO Black Friday/Cyber Monday, read a book that you bought on clearance (that day or before) or sale or Read a book about shopping/retail.: Perfect You
4. IHO Christmas gift giving read a book that you were given as a gift or bought with a gift card. (If you don't get books as a gift buy yourself a book as a gift to yourself for being great!) Marley and Me or The Guardian
5. IHO the darker nights curl up with a mystery. Murder on the orient express
6. IHO the cold nights read a book under a blanket or in front of a fire.
7. IHO Fall colors read a book with a brown, orange, red, yellow, or black cover.Fourth of July
8. IHO Sweetest Day read a book with a flower or type of Candy in the title. Bed of Roses
9. IHO Sadie Hawkins day read a book where the main character is a male. The Outsiders
10. IHO Statue of Liberty dedication read a book set in New York. Shopaholic takes Manhattan
10 Point Tasks
1.Read a book by an author that you have been meaning to read, but haven't gotten around to. Percy Jackson
2. IHO National Teen Read Week read a Young Adult book. Vegan Virgin Valentine
3. IHO Daylight Savings Time fall back, read a Historical Fiction book Splendor
4. IHO fall read a book about Fall'ing in love, off the wagon, etc. The History of Love
5. Read a book that comes out in October, November, December:The Gift
6. Read an NBC monthly book that you wanted to read but didn't get the chance too. If you have read them all then read and discuss Oct., Nov., or Dec. book.
The Bolyen Inheritance or The Little Lady Agency
7. IHO the holidays Read a book about a religion other than your own: Plain Truth
8. IHO Halloween read a horror/suspense book: Heart Shaped Box
9. IHO Thanksgiving read a book about Families: Over The Holidays
10. IHO Halloween read a book about ghosts, witches, vampires, goblins, etc. Her Fearful Symmetry
15 Point Task
1. Go to random word generator (http://watchout4snakes.com/CreativityTools/RandomWord/RandomWord.aspx) and read a book with that word in the title or a book about that word or related to the word. Screwing- This Charming Man
2. Choose an unfinished task from one of the last 3 challenges and finish it. If you finished all the challenges redo your hardest task. If you haven't done any other challenges then go back to the tasks in the bookchallenge blog and pick your favorite to do. The Host (Read a book you started and didn't finish- SBC)
3. Read a book and pick a playlist of at least 5 songs that you feel would fit the book. Post the list on NBC: The Last Song
4. IHO T.V. starting read a book that a T.V. Show or Made for T.V. Movie/big screen movie was based off of. If possible watch the show or movie and Post a comparison
The Vampire Diaries
5. Read a book from the 1001 books to read list Middlesex or The Handmaids Tale
6. IHO Pearl Harbor and Rememberance Day read a book about WWII or a book about/set in Hawaii: Honolulu
7. IHO National Family Literacy month read a book a family member recommended to you. Keeping Faith
8. IHO Columbus Day read a book where the main character travels or a travel memoir: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
9. IHO Edgar Allen Poe's death and National Poetry month read a book of short stories or poetry: A Touch of Dead
10. Go to thisonenext.com and put in your last book read. Read one of the suggestions given to you on what to read next.The Earth, My Butt, And other round things
25 Point Task
1. MrsGinTN- Read a book and cook a MEAL that was inspired by the book. Keeping The Moon
2. Mrsfu-Read a fairy tale; then write your own modern version and post for the NBC. (can be as short or as long as you like)
3. am+a-Read a novel (not a memoir) by John Irving: Widow for a year
4. MrsJuicy2Be-Read a book about your dream career (fiction or non-fiction). Create a list of steps you need to take in order to have your dream career and post it. If you already have your dream job, read and write about the next step you'll take in your career. Letters to a Young Teacher
5. Jackiback- read 7,500 pages over the course of the FBC.
I finally started this series. They have been on my to read list for months and I have seen the movies so I am not sure why it took so long.
The book was great. I really enjoy books on friendship and how to have a lasting friendship because I just don't see that to much anymore. I really liked hearing from each girl about their adventures. Carmen with her father, Bridgette at soccer camp, Lena with her Grandparents, and Tibby at home.
I laughed, teared up, and just all around enjoyed this book a lot. I will be getting the rest because I can't wait to see what the girls have been up to.
Virginia is a sophomore in high school. Her best friend has moved a way and she is forced to deal with High School by herself. Oh and did I mention she is a bigger girl? What is worse is her family is small and pretty and her brother was Mr. Popular at the school before her. Her mother is a teen counselor and is very well known, but can't listen to her own family. How is a girl to cope?
This book has 4 short stories. They were cute, but not in depth enough. I know they are short stories, but I guess I was expecting something different. There was one story with Claude and Claudine, One with Eric, One about Hadley, and one set during Christmas. It curbed my Sookie need, but I still can't wait for May.
This is a great series. It is a historical fiction that I have heard compared to Gossip Girl in the past. The books follow the Hollands (Elizabeth and Diana) and their friends, families, and enemies. The twists and turns of this book are great. There are things that happen that I never would have guessed were going to happen. Plus the covers are so breathtaking.