CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 16, 2009

My Earth, My Butt, and Other BIG Round Things-Carolyn Mackler


This is my first Carolyn Mackler book and she did not let me down. Virginia is the perfect character. She has flaws, but she is rootable. I sat down and read this book in one sitting last Sunday and I want more. To see Virginia grow and learn about herself was so satisfying.

Virginia is a sophomore in high school. Her best friend has moved a way and she is forced to deal with High School by herself. Oh and did I mention she is a bigger girl? What is worse is her family is small and pretty and her brother was Mr. Popular at the school before her. Her mother is a teen counselor and is very well known, but can't listen to her own family. How is a girl to cope?
This book tackles a subject that just about every High School girl has dealt with. Carolyn deals with it in a good and funny way that gets her point across in a way that teens will get it and still have fun reading about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment