CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cracked Up to Be-Courtney Summers


Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers is a great Young Adult book. This is the book that would put everyone who thinks YA is not good written literature into a different mindset.

Parker was the perfect girl.....Cheerleader, honor student, popular, etc. until one day that changes, but why did it change. She starts to drink, skip school, and alienate her friends, family, and counselor. The book is told in present time with Parker flashing back to the night that changed everything. Oh and of course there is a great boy who helps her to find herself again.

I loved this book and want to thank Jessica over at Reading is Sexy for recommending it to me. Courtney wrote Parker real and with a real voice and I enjoyed watching her layers unfold and to find out what happened to her.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! I just loved how Parker was such a messed up character, but you were still rooting for her!

    Courtney Summers's new book Some Girls Are just came out. I'm excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete