CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tangled-Caroyln Mackler



I have read a few of Carolyn Mackler's other books and really liked how she wrote. When I found out that she had a new one coming out I was excited and put myself on the waiting list at the library. I was finally able to read it this weekend.

There are 4 teens that end up in Paradise together and become connected. Jena, Dakota, Skye, and Owen. The book is broken into 4 parts, one for each teen. Jena is a bigger girl that is shy around boys, Skye is the actress and Jena's sometimes friend (Their mothers are friends). Dakota and Owen are brothers. Dakota is a playboy and Owen is a blogger that doesn't know how to be social.They all learn about themselves. They start in Paradise and then their lives continue.

I like Carolyn Mackler and her writing. This book just didn't do it for me. It was quick and easy, but I felt that I didn't get to really know the characters since they only had one part each. Sure they showed up in others but it wasn't the same. What I did get to know about the characters I loved and wished that she had taken it further. I will continue to read her books though.

No comments:

Post a Comment