CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 8, 2010

The Secret Year-Jennifer Hubbard



I got this book from Jessica over at Reading Is Sexy. I got it yesterday after lunch and I couldn't wait to go home and dive right in. I dove in alright. I dove in and finished it. It was that good.

Julia and Colt are from different sides of the track. She is rich and he is not. They start a secret relationship that lasts for a year. When Julia dies in an accident Colt has to deal with his grief without letting others see and with having no one to help him. Then he gets Julia's diary that she wrote for him. The journal entries show us insight to Julia and her year with Colt. While reading the diary Colt is working on understanding his feelings and moving on with life, but is that possible?

If you read and liked Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher I think you will love this. I honestly could not tell this was Ms. Hubbard's first novel. She captured Colt great and I loved his family and his sidekicks. Plus there is a nod to The Outsiders and I loved that book.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! Hubbard definitely has quite a talent, because she really made Colt seem so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo good, huh? :-D I liked this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete