CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More Sarah Dessen


I am continuing on with my Sarah Dessen obsession. She continues to write in a way that I forget that it is a Young Adult book. She makes her characters real and so you can root for them.
Macy's mother and sister reminded me so much of my family. Her sister Caroline was like the spitting image of my older sister. The same caring attitude and sticking up for the younger sister.
Macy's boss and friends from work reminded me of my first job. I worked in a restaurant and pretty much all the people I hung out with were people I worked with.
Then there is her friend, the man she actually wants to be with, but doesn't know it. The bad boy turned good. He is written with such thought you almost think he is real.
I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment