CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chasing Brooklyn- Lisa Schroeder

Chasing Brooklyn is the first Lisa Schroeder book that I have read. It was written in verse the whole way through. I have never read a book written like that.

Brooklyn's boyfriend Lucca died in a car accident a year before and now her friend Gabe has died. Nico is Lucca's brother. Gabe starts to come to Brooklyn in her dreams and she is wondering why it is not Lucca. She starts to hang out with Nico and they start to grieve and move on by helping each other.

The book was great. It was an easy book to get through and I read it in hours.While the characters don't get that developed it was still worth reading. I will continue to read her books.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to read this one. Sounds like something I'd enjoy. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this review, short and to the point but still convincing. I just might have to check this out. I saw that you are a part of the Debut Author Challenge! That is so amazing that you are supporting debut authors and I only recently found out that I am going to be one!!! I wanted to ask if you wouldn’t mind heading over to my blog and giving me your opinion. As a blogger turned author I would really appreciate it and the publisher is still giving out ARCs so you might have a chance at a free copy! Thank you and I hope you will stop by and check out The Thirteenth Chime!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    P.S.- My release date if Friday the 13th (August this year) isn't that crazy?

    ReplyDelete