CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wintergirls- Laurie Halse Anderson



Wintergirls was a book about a girl who is Anorexic and her and her family's struggle with the disease. Lia goes through a tragedy right at the beginning that paves the way for her self hatred.

This book was sad, but haunting. I haven't had anyone around me with a problem like that so I had no idea what to expect. I really liked Lia and it made me sad reading about her struggle because I felt like I was seeing a friend going through the disease.

I was happy by the ending because it wasn't wrapped up in a bow, but it was done realistically which is the best when it is such a dense true subject. I will be checking out some other books by Laurie Halse Anderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment